Free Summer Learning Resources for all Alabama Students and Parents
FREE AND FUN SUMMER LEARNING RESOURCES ARE NOW AVAILABLE FOR ALL ALABAMA STUDENTS AND PARENTS
“State Officially Kicks Off Exciting 2022 Summer Learning Challenge!”
Montgomery, Ala. – Summer learning is a vital part of a student’s foundational learning and social development. It is a bridge that supplements and strengthens a student’s academic understanding during the months away from school.
For a tenth year, the State Department of Education is
partnering with some of our nation’s top education
organizations to promote summer learning and activities.
The goal is to “minimize the summer learning slide.”
The school year is ending, and many families are now
making plans for the summer!
The 2022 Alabama Summer Learning Challenge is being
held from today until July 31.
Starting today, Alabama parents have access to even more online resources to advance their children’s reading, math, and science skills!
These resources are easy-to-access and will encourage students throughout the summer, while they are away from the K-12 classroom. See the Summer Learning website at https://www.alabamaachieves.org/communication/summer-learning-program/
Fighting summer learning loss is truly important and families should have access to great books and fun learning activities to ensure their students are on track when they return to the classroom in the fall. We are proud to once again partner with these great organizations and many others to support this year’s Alabama
Summer Learning Challenge:
• The Lexile-based "Find a Book, Alabama" tool offers students over 260,000 books to choose from. This book-search tool allows students and parents to build custom reading lists based on the student’s Lexile range and personal interests (https://hub.lexile.com/find-a-book/search)
• The Summer Learning Challenge also includes a fantastic online math skill builder to help remedy the summer math slide. MetaMetrics is offering the FREE Summer Math Challenge, an interactive math maintenance initiative.
GORDON PERSONS BUILDING • P.O. BOX 302101 • MONTGOMERY, ALABAMA 36130-2101 • TELEPHONE (334) 694-4900 • WEBSITE: www.alabamaachieves.org
FREE SUMMER LEARNING RESOURCES FOR ALL ALABAMA STUDENTS AND PARENTS
This program is focused on students who have just completed first through eighth grades. Visit https://hub.lexile.com/summer-math-challenge to register!
This summer, Stride Skills Arcade by Stride, Inc is FREE to all students in the state from May 1 to July 31.
Prevent "Summer Slide" with an incredible blend of online math,
reading, language arts, and science skills practice, spectacular
video games for every student's interest, and online competitions.
Students may access the Stride Skills Arcade learning platform
anytime, including tablets, PCs, and Macs.
Sign-up at https://www.stridegroups.com/alsummer
High-interest literature is critical to sparking a student's love for
reading, especially in the formative years.
With Big Universe by Stride, students can access 18,000+ leveled eBooks and literacy tools available 24/7 on smartphones, tablets, and laptops. Powerful search functions help identify eBooks by genre and grade level. Big Universe will be FREE to all students in Alabama from May 1 to July 31. Register and log in at
Additional resources are also available for K-12 students this summer!
• Alabama Public Television (APT) is allowing students to discover their full potential through the Summer of Possibilities educational program – https://aptv.org/education/
• Parents can also make learning fun this summer by utilizing the great resources and events at Alabama’s local libraries –
Information about the 2022 Summer Learning effort on social media
• Summer Math: School's almost out! Sign up for the @Lexile_Quantile Summer Math Challenge to keep your kids up to date on math skills throughout the summer. #SummerLearning https://hub.lexile.com/smc
• Summer Reading: Looking for #oceansofpossibilities books to read this summer? Searching for books by interest or category is made easy with the @LexileFramework Find a Book! Filter books for aquatic animals, wildlife, oceans, and more at https://hub.lexile.com/fab #LexileSummerReading
There are many more learning resources highlighted on the 2022 Summer Learning webpage – Visit today to see the complete list of available learning resources: